MS Word Numbering (was RE: FrameMaker uses)

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Tue May 13 12:14:27 PDT 2008

Lester C. Smalley wrote:
> I for one would appreciate understanding the 'proper' way to handle
> numbering in Word.  For me, it would help to fix garbaged numbers in
> document I receive to convert to SGML - numbering is an issue because if
> it's wrong, the structure requires a lot of manual correction.
>
> If you folks who actually can get it to work, reliably and consistently,
> would not mind creating some sort of basic tutorial or simplified
> procedure list re numbering in Word, I'm sure a great many folks on this
> list would benefit.

I've asked for Deirdre's workshop, but can also offer this page of
resources, in particular the "Word's numbering explained" FAQ.
(Although you may wish you had never asked...)

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering.htm

best,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"A man's screech should exceed his rasp, or what's a violin for?"

--another Rogers Original