default "reply-to-all" (was Re: FrameMaker 8.0.3 Update Now Available (POSSIBLE WORKAROUND))

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Fri May 16 07:44:49 PDT 2008

Paul Findon wrote (in part):

> Hedley is not asking for a "reply-to-all." What he, I and, no doubt,
> others want is "reply-to-list." In other words, when you click your
> Reply button, by default, messages are addressed to the list.
>
> I've been using lists since 1993 and running several since 1996, and
> Framers is the only list I've ever come across that works this way.
> Replying to list messages should be simple - click Reply and the
> addressing is done. The current setup is cumbersome and has tripped
> many of us up. If someone wants to reply privately, they will
> naturally be more careful and double-check the To address.

FWIW, I currently subscribe to 7 or 8 mailing lists (a couple of them
basically inactive), and all of them work the same way as Framers.
Reply goes just to the poster; Reply All goes to the list and the
poster and anyone cc'ed by the poster. It would drive me a little
crazy(er) if Framers behaved differently than the other lists.