default "reply-to-all" (was Re: FrameMaker 8.0.3 Update NowAvailable (POSSIBLE WORKAROUND))

Dennis Brunnenmeyer dennisb at chronometrics.com
Fri May 16 13:26:45 PDT 2008

Paul....

Although I subscribe to "both types" of mail lists, I never noticed
the difference regarding the presence or absence of the "Reply To:"
field and the way that my email client responds to its absence or
presence. Thanks for pointing this out.

Dennis...
>click Reply in their e-mail client, the Reply-To address is used. If
>there's no Reply-To field, as is the case with Framers, the e-mail
>client uses the address in the From field.
>
>If you take a look at the headers of messages from other groups that
>you subscribe to, it's likely that you'll see a Reply-To field. Look
>at the headers of Framers messages, on the hand, and you won't.
>
>I'm currently on eight lists. Seven of them add a Reply-To field so
>that replies go the list. Framers is the odd one out.

Dennis Brunnenmeyer
Director of Engineering
CEDAR RIDGE SYSTEMS
15019 Rattlesnake Road
Grass Valley, CA 95945-8710
Office: (530) 477-9015
Fax:  (530) 477-9085
Mobile: (530) 320-9025
eMail:  dennisb /at/ chronometrics /dot/ com