roundtrip documentation and help (Framemaker/Robohelp - chickenor egg?

Linda G. Gallagher lindag at techcomplus.com
Wed May 21 08:47:05 PDT 2008

Hmm, I gather that the integration isn't quite that smooth between RH and FM
in the Tech Comm Suite. Admittedly, I have only tried it once, but I believe
that it is still a .mif import that you have to repeat if you make changes
to the FM content. Given that, it might not quite be the full-blown single
sourcing toolset you want. It may get there some day, but not yet.

I continue to use FM and WebWorks ePublisher Pro (WWeP) for most projects.
They work together very well and always have. I create content in FM and use
WWeP to convert to various flavors of help.

Mif2Go is another possibility. It uses your FM content to convert to various
flavors of help, too. While I use the tool for some help conversion, I find
the .ini file interface not as friendly as I'd ideally like.

Flare purports to do the same thing, but I gave up on it some time ago, as
neither their support nor I could get it to work (with content that works
fine with WWeP and Mif2Go).

Linda G. Gallagher
TechCom Plus, LLC
lindag at techcomplus dot com
www.techcomplus.com
303-450-9076 or 800-500-3144
User guides, online help, FrameMaker and
WebWorks ePublisher templates