roundtrip documentation and help (Framemaker/Robohelp - chickenoregg?

Michael O'Neill moneill at meta-comm.com
Wed May 21 11:17:35 PDT 2008

> If Jim Owens is right, and there are desirable help features that
can't
> be implemented via FM, then these are shortcomings in the tools that
> ought to be put on the enhancement request list. But, IMHO, "make the
> HTML roundtrippable" should not be one of those requests.

Every tool has it's shortcomings... One that was a deal-breaker for us
when evaluating TCS was the ability to convert step by step procedures
in FrameMaker to drop-down sections in RH.  When we looked, the only way
to implement drop-down text in RH was to edit and maintain the content
in RH.  Anyone know if this has changed?