Barcode font revisited - it's really just zip codes that I'm after

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Mon May 26 13:03:16 PDT 2008

Whites wrote:
> Hi Stuart et al.
> Thanks for the responses.
> What I'm really looking for is just a way to generate zip-codes - not
> the entire UPC barcode paraphernalia.
> (It would have helped if I had done a little research before making my
> first posting. Doh!)
> Back in the System 7 days I used to have an old Seiko label printer that
> would automatically generate the Postnet zip-code on its own line when I
> entered the zipcode numerals. but I've never been able to locate
> ssoftware to run it on OSX  or XP.
> Some little FrameMaker plug-in like that would be nifty if it exists.

I think MS Word has a built-in zip bar coding function in the Labels &
Envelopes feature -- don't know if that helps in your workflow or not,
but could be worth a try.

best,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"A man's screech should exceed his rasp, or what's a violin for?"

--another Rogers Original