Word to structured frame

martin.smith at golehtek.com martin.smith at golehtek.com
Wed May 28 04:21:13 PDT 2008

Hi Mathieu,

The trick to migrating a word doc to structured Frame is to build the
structure of the FrameMaker document as you go.

For example, you might insert a Section element, followed by a nested
Heading element. You would then copy and paste the heading from the
Word document into the Heading element of the Frame document, taking
care to use the Paste Special feature to avoid copying any of the
formatting from the word document.

You might then insert a Para element into your section, and copy and
"Paste Special" the corresponding paragraph from your Word document.

This process is rather time consuming. If you have a large monitor, or
two monitors, you might find it best to keep the word and Frame
documents open side-by-side.

As an alternative, if you have FrameScript, I have written a wizard
that allows you to to this interactively. The wizard allows you to
structure documents based on your own EDD, and is able to migrate
paragrahs, tables, and referenced graphics, along with index markers.
Contact me off list if you are interested at martin.smith at golehtek.com.

Soon I hope to add this script to the other freely-available scripts
on my web site at http://www.golehtek.com

Best regards,

Martin

Martin R. Smith
www.golehtek.com

This means that you need to insert the elements for