Running Header in a Continued File?

Pat Fortino patfortino at writenowdesign.com
Fri May 30 07:54:19 PDT 2008

Hi,

Unfortunately, I can't search the archives, but I'm sure this question has been answered.

I am using fm 8.x windows xp:

have a chapter that is split into two files to allow for landscape
pages that occur later. I am using a running header to capture the
chapter title and display it in the header. Of course, it works fine in
the first file because it contains the chapter title p tag. But in the
second file, the running header does not work. I assumed this would
work like numbering and frame would look for the last occurrence of
that tag and use it, but it doesn't.

Is there any automatic way
to do this; eg, split a chapter into multiple files and have automatic
running headers that display the chapter p tag? Otherwise, I will have
to manually enter the running header in this chapter and several others
which use the same configuration. Seems like a clunky solution :(

BTW:
What happened to the framer's web site? I cannot search through the
thousands of answers that I know are available somewhere. Also, why are
we still using a list serve when a forum would be a lot more user
friendly and search-able? Again, I'm sure this has been discussed too,
but I can't search the archives. Or can I?

Thanks
 Pat Fortino
writenowdesign.com

- Web Sites
- Technical Writing
- Editing
- Desktop Publishing

Get Firefox, a Safer, Faster, and Better Browser