creating a table with row headings instead of column headings

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 3 10:48:47 PST 2008

Ben Hechter wrote:

> Thanks, Wim, Fred and Ann.
>
> This was mainly about being able to create a template
> table type with column 1 automatically shaded for row
> headings (without having to use custom shading overrides).
>
> Believe that I now have a some alternatives for doing this.

Ah, well, if that's all you are trying to accomplish, it's very easy.
Just use the Shading tab of the Table Designer. In the Body Shading
box, choose Shade By Columns, and set the first 1 column to the
shading you want and the Next 99 columns to no shading. Then
either define it as a new named format or click Update All to save
it as part of the current format's definition.

-Fred Ridder