RoboHelp with or without the suite

Mon Nov 10 07:37:54 PST 2008

Chinell, David F

> I hope the list can answer a quick question for me.
>
> If I buy RoboHelp 7 individually, is it different from the version I'd
> get with the Technical Communication Suite?

Yes.

> If I buy it individually, will it lack the ability to import
FrameMaker
> documents into a help system?

It will import FM docs, but it won't link to them. With the suite,
you're using a single set of source docs. With the standalone version,
you're repeatedly exporting FM docs to RH. Or making changes in two
places.

But even if that doesn't matter to you, it makes no sense to buy the
standalone version of RH. If you have an FM license, you qualify for the
suite's upgrade price, which is less than a new RH license.

Richard

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.