Mif2Go: removing CRLF from CodeStore content

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Mon Nov 17 13:17:37 PST 2008

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 10:55:48 -0500, Jim Owens <jowens at magma.ca> wrote:

>What I want to do is take some text that appears early in the paragraph,
>and convert it to a link in an MS HTML Help "Related Topic" button. As
>part of this, I have to provide text for the link. My problem is that
>the text contains CRLF characters, and these show up as little squares
>in the link. I can't get rid of them. There is no test I can find that
>returns 1 when a character is 0a or 0d, or when a string contains \n.

Hi Jim.  We know you found a workaround, but it sounds like
this would be a nice little enhancement to the Mif2Go macro
expression operators.  We're thinking of something like:
  <$$MyFixedVar = ($$MyOriginalVar strip "\r\n")>
where any character listed in the right side would be removed
from the var on the left side of "strip", and the result would
be assigned to the var at the start of the macro var expression.

We've already built this, but would like to test it with your
case before posting a new beta.  Could you kindly send us a
one-page test case, including the .fm, .mif, .prj, both .inis,
and all output files, all in one .zip?  Thanks!