Globally updating x-refs

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Wed Nov 19 07:51:29 PST 2008

Hi Nancy,

After you split the files, open each one and choose Edit > Update
References. Check the All Cross-References check box and click Update. In
the resulting dialog box, you have an oportunity to point to the other
documents. All of the unresolved cross-references will be to the current
document, but go ahead and point to one of the other documents and click
Open. Keep doing this until the number of cross-references ends up being
zero and click Cancel to exit the dialog box.

Note that if you do a lot of splitting, I have a FrameScript script that
will split the files based on paragraph formats and will automatically
resolve the references. If you are interested in this, please contact me
offlist. Thank you very much.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc
585-659-8267