Globally Replace Tag Directories?

Nancy Allison maker at verizon.net
Wed Nov 26 07:14:14 PST 2008

Hi, folks. The large, many-chaptered document I am working on is the
product of several past writers' work. The Paragraph and Character tag
directories are full of tags that are not used in this doc. I'd love to
clean them all up at once.

I know I can set up one chapter with just the tags I need. Then I can go
into each chapter,  manually delete all tags, and save the chapter. From
the Book file, I can then import all tags from my one good chapter into
all the other chapters.

But . . . I don't want to! Too much work!

If I just import the good tags into the existing chapters, they'll be
added to the existing tags. Not a solution.

Is there a way to replicate my good tags in all the other chapters,
globally?

Thankee again, in advance again.