Globally Replace Tag Directories?

Wed Nov 26 08:53:03 PST 2008

Nancy Allison wrote:

> Aieeeee!
>
> OK, I got Clean Import, installed, and ran it on one test file in my
> book. It worked as advertised.
>
> However, Frame then crashed.

Did you get the right version for your FM version?

I used Clean Import v2 with FM6 for a long time with no problems. Now
I'm using v3 with FM7.2, and I've only encountered two issues:

-- FM may crash if the document you're importing from is also one of the
destination documents (e.g., if you select all the files in a book and
then run Clean Import using one of the files in that book as the
source).

-- Using Clean Import for color definitions sometimes messes them up. On
a couple of occasions, I've seen a defined gray used for table titles
become solid black, so now I always deselect color definitions and
import those using the native FM function.

Richard

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.