Connection between Table Designer and Paragraph Designer?

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Sat Nov 29 10:45:07 PST 2008

Hi Eva,

When you create a Table Format, FrameMaker "remembers" the following items
(in addition to those in the Table Designer):

1) The number of columns and header, body, and footer rows.

2) The width of each column.

3) The paragraph format in each column of the first  of each header, body,
and footer row.

These properties are not exposed directly to the interface via any of the
Designers. They are not exposed via the FDK (Frame Developers Kit) or
FrameScript. The only way to change them is to follow these steps:

1) Insert a table of the desired format into your document.

2) Change the number of rows and columns as desired. Change the table column
widths to suit your purposes.

3) Apply the appropriate paragraph format to each column of the first
header, body, and footer rows.

4) This is the key step: Open the Table Designer and with your cursor in the
table, click Update All.

This will not affect any existing tables in the document (accept the one you
just updated), but will be "defaults" for any new tables that use this
format.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc
585-659-8267