adding graphics to files

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 08:11:02 PDT 2008

Most people's primary reason is that a reference keeps the FM file
from bloating (copying in physically adds all the graphic info to the
file). This means the file is quicker to load, scroll, and modify, is
less likely to become corrupt just because there are fewer bytes
involved, and is just more easily portable.

It also makes the graphic easier to edit and change.

Other benefits include allowing people to work on the graphic and have
their changes included automatically, supporting translation better
(because different language files can be swapped in on a
directory-level basis),

Art

Art Campbell
                          art.campbell at gmail.com
Vincent and a redheaded grl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                      No disclaimers apply.
                                                               DoD 358