Odd keyboard behavior

Dave Reynolds dave.reynolds at tait.co.nz
Thu Oct 16 12:56:04 PDT 2008

Hi

Frame 8.0p277 on Win XP SP2.  Smart Quotes turned on.  Font in test doc
is Bembo.  Language = UK English.  Windows regional settings = English
New Zealand.

I've just tested the single and double curly quotes in a Frame document
and they all work fine for me.  The Smart Quotes section in my maker.ini
looks like this:

; Smart Quote Characters
; SmartQuotes \xd4\xd5\xd2\xd3 )  English curved quotes
; SmartQuotes \xe2\xd4\xe3\xd2 )  German-style quotes with base quotes
; SmartQuotes \xd5\xd5\xc7\xc8 )  French-style quotes using guillemets
; SmartQuotes \xd5\xd5\xd3\xd3 )  Swedish- and Finnish-style quotes
; SmartQuotes \xd4\xd5\xd2\xd3 )  Italian curved quotes
;
; English curved quotes:
SmartQuotes=‘’“”

In case the actual quote characters don't reproduce correctly via the
list, they are curly quotes in the ini file (ie like 6 9).  When I
opened the ini file into my old text editor Kedit, they did not
display.  However, they did display correctly in Notepad.

As far as I can remember, I haven't modified my maker.ini file at all
(although I have other customisations).

Cheers

Dave

--

Dave Reynolds                         Phone: (64) (3) 358 1029
Senior Technical Author               Fax: (64) (3) 359 4632
Tait Electronics Ltd                  Email: dave.reynolds at tait.co.nz
PO Box 1645
Christchurch
New Zealand

addressee.  It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be
lost by reason of this transmission.
other act on the email.