Importing FM Text

Fri Oct 17 11:39:08 PDT 2008

Art Campbell wrote:

> Your plan should work fine. I'm assuming that you're planning to
> convert all the text inserts to text after you import in order to
> build a new chapter because it would be easier to manage and reconcile
> tags.

There's no need to do that if, in the Import dialog, you select Copy
Into Document instead of Import By Reference. And since Nina mentioned
the Import Text Flow by Copy dialog, that's what she's planning to do.

Nina, I've never done a merge of that scale -- just combining 2 or 3
files into one. But there shouldn't be any issues or problems, assuming
you aren't changing the location relative to the referenced graphics.

Richard

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.