Reasons for using graphic and table anchor tags

Reng, Dr. Winfried wreng at tycoint.com
Fri Oct 24 02:10:50 PDT 2008

Hi,

Additional reasons to the ones already mentioned:

o Sometimes a table or anchored frame has to move to the
  the anchor.
  At least when the anchored frame is set to "Below
  Current Line" the line with the paragraph moves also
  to the next page. That might look rather odd! For me
  that's the most important reason why I use dedicated
  empty anchor paragraphs.

o With a dedicated empty paragraph you can control the
  space between the last line and the anchored frame or
  table via the space above of the empty anchor paragraph.

  If you have a table, set the table´s space above to "-12 pt"
  and the space below of the paragraph tag to "-12 pt".
  Then the table will will start with the empty paragraph.
  You don't have any additional space due to the empty
  paragraph.

Best regards

Winfried