Commas in paragraph tags

Michael Müller-Hillebrand mmh at cap-studio.de
Mon Oct 27 09:47:16 PDT 2008

Have you tried putting a backslash in front of the comma to 'escape'
the special function fo the entry separator?

- Michael

Am 27.10.2008 um 16:56 schrieb Charles Beck:

> Esteemed Framers,
>
> I have a problem I am hoping someone can help me solve. I have
> searched
> the Frame documentation to no avail. I do not have time to search
> through all the archives for this list; so please forgive if the
> info is
> there (which I rather doubt).
>
> I have a set of templates that I inherited. I want to use the
> Heading 2
> paragraph style in a running header. Unfortunately, the paragraph
> style
> is actually named "Heading 2,H2", which confuses FrameMaker when
> encountered in a system variable paragraph tag <$paratext[Heading
> 2,H2]>. Frame thinks it is a multiple style reference because of the
> comma. That much I have learned from the documentation.
>
> The question is, short of renaming the paragraph style (which is not
> really an option for us), is there any way to get Frame to recognized
> this as a single paragraph style in a paragraph tag for a running
> header?
>
> Please reply to me directly, as I am on digest.
>
> TIA for whatever help anyone can give me!
>
> Chuck Beck

Michael Müller-Hillebrand: Dokumentations-Technologie
Adobe Certified Expert, FrameMaker
Lösungen und Training, FrameScript, XML/XSL, Unicode
<http://cap-studio.de/> -- Tel. +49 (9131) 28747