Two-column layout and large graphics

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Mon Oct 27 17:37:00 PDT 2008

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 16:20:51 -0600, "Linda G. Gallagher" <lindag at techcomplus.com>
wrote:

><But another possibility would be to set such
>graphics to go always to the top (or bottom) of the page. >
>
>This might work. As I'm playing around with it, I'm not seeing a way to keep
>the caption paragraph with the anchored frame as it moves to the top or
>bottom of the page.

True, that's a problem when you have captions.

>I could put the caption inside the anchored frame (current caption style
>doesn't have numbers). I think if we number the captions, the numbering
>won't update from inside the anchored frame, right?

IIRC, it *will* update, but may not be in the sequence you expect
if there are other items using the same numbering series around.
Two in a row on the same page may be numbered "backwards".

>Any other way to keep the caption para with the moved anchored frame?

The old standby is to use a one-celled table to package the frame
and the caption, if the more limited table placement options work
for you.

HTH!