Losing text I add to a graphic

Diane Gaskill dgcaller at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 28 21:55:17 PDT 2008

Dierdre,

Wwhat happens when you move the text back to its original location?  Do the
missing letters reappear?  If so, the problem is likely being caused by the
graphic runaround properties setting.  Click the graphic and select Graphics
> Runaround Properties.  Set Don't Run Around.

I strongly suggest not using the free text tool (A) to create callouts.
Instead, create a text frame for each callout.  Create a callout tag and tag
the text in the text box with it. Then copy and paste the text frame as many
times as you need over the graphic (much easier than creatingnew text frames
for each callout).

This has some advantages over free text.
 * you can change the tag parameters (font, size, color, line spacing, etc.)
for all callouts in the doc at the same time
 * all the text in the frames is part of the body text flow and can be
searched and/or localized easily
 * multiline callouts are kept together without having to group the lines

HTH

Diane Gaskill
Hitachi Data Systems