Search for random characters

Nancy Allison maker at verizon.net
Thu Oct 30 07:50:41 PDT 2008

Hi, all.

I want to search for text that is partly predictable and partly random.

Example:

logo.bmp green and hairy 7
logo.bmp blue ridiculous and small 34

Each line begins with logo.bmp and ends with a carriage return (\p)

I've studied the wildcards help topic (\FrameMaker7.1\help\help.html in
case you're wondering), and I see two tools:

* --- gives you zero or more characters excluding spaces and punctuation
| --- gives you 1 or more spaces or punctuation

I've tried searching for

logo.bmp *|*|\p

hoping to catch any combination of random spaces and characters; no
luck.

How would you use the wildcards (or other search facility) to find these
items?