slow cursor movement in Frame 8 with Para Designer open

Dave Reynolds dave.reynolds at tait.co.nz
Wed Sep 3 19:04:53 PDT 2008

Hi

I've noticed at times that moving the cursor around in a Frame 8 file
can be rather sluggish.  This is when I'm using the arrow key to move
the cursor along a line of text.  I've also noticed that using the
shift+arrow keys to select text can be really slow as well.  However, at
other times the cursor moves at what I consider to be a normal speed.

The other day I think I found out why.  The movement of the cursor slows
right down when I have Paragraph Designer open.  I did a timed test on a
random line of text.  With PD closed, it took 4 seconds to run the
cursor from one end of the line to the other, but with PD open it took
14 seconds.  If I selected the line using Shift+arrow, the times were
about the same.  I repeated the test with PD closed and Character
Designer open, but this time it took about 5 seconds.

I've duplicated the test in Frame 6, and both PD and CD have no
noticeable effect on the speed of the cursor movement.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour?  It's not a big problem, just a
nuisance.

I'm on Frame 8.0p277 and Win XP.

Regards

Dave

--

Dave Reynolds                         Phone: (64) (3) 358 1029
Senior Technical Author               Fax: (64) (3) 359 4632
Tait Electronics Ltd                  Email: dave.reynolds at tait.co.nz
PO Box 1645
Christchurch
New Zealand

addressee.  It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be
lost by reason of this transmission.
other act on the email.