Best Indexing Tool for FrameMaker?

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 06:07:33 PDT 2008

Absolutely right, IXGen is the must-have plug-in to create indexes in
unstructured FrameMaker.

IXGen also works in "structured FM" files, but I don't think that you can
use it in "native" XML files (forgive me and correct me if I'm wrong).

It would be great, though, to have a command that says "Markers from
Elements" and which copies the text from, say, the DITA <title> elements and
pastes it in an <indexterm> element. Surely, further editing needs to be
done, but you'd have a good "basic" index already.

I'd love to see a DITA-aware IXGen soon.

--
Yves Barbion • Managing Director Scripto • Adobe-Certified FrameMaker
Instructor