MIF to SGML/XML

martin.smith at golehtek.com martin.smith at golehtek.com
Thu Sep 4 07:16:14 PDT 2008

Hi all,

Rick isn't talking about using the Word XML document format in this
case. He is talking about using the MSXML Active X control that is
built into windows.

FrameScript can pass instructions to this control, which opens up the
ability to generate custom XML directly from FrameMaker, as well as to
perform operations using XPath and XQuery. You can also use the
control to reconstruct FrameMaker documents from XML.

I personally use the MSXML control to produce XML-based embedded help
systems for database-driven, web-based applications. FrameScript
enables me to encode select elements of a structured document in XML,
perform XSL transforms, and push the XML directly into an Oracle
database.

Best regards,

Martin

Martin R. Smith