InDesign as a replacement for Framemaker

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 06:24:47 PDT 2008

As interesting as the thread on XML is (and it is), the OP didn't ask
anything about, or related to, XML. So we're experiencing some basic
thread drift.

He's asking about moving from a technical publishing tool to a
design-driven tool, but not providing any details on why, or what
features he uses, or needs, or any other useful details.

So other than saying that "Yes, you can do it, but unless you require
something that ID offers that FM doesn't it probably isn't worth the
bother," it's really difficult to go further than that. IMHO, of
course.

Art

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
 No disclaimers apply.