InDesign as a replacement for Framemaker

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Fri Sep 12 09:13:06 PDT 2008

FWIW, the current implementation actually allows more than two installations,
but limits activation to two systems. Conceivably, you could deactivate the
first system, activate the third, and when done with the third, deactivate
it and reactivate the first.

Sure there is a way of assuring that a particular copy of the application
is not used by more than one person at a time, but would you want a requirement
that you be on-line with a link to Adobe at all times when using our products?
I know I couldn't work that way! The other problem is that such a scheme (or a
modified version of same) would effectively allow a United States-based user
to run the software during the day in the United States and a comrade in India
to run the same software on a different machine during their work day. Clearly,
that is not the intent of the EULA for this product.

        - Dov