Hypertext command

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Tue Sep 16 04:28:22 PDT 2008

Stephen,

You wrote:

>I place the hypertext command below in a FM 8
>document to open a PDF file on clicking the link.
>It works unless the file name has an apostrophe
>(happens often as the file names are in French), like below:
>
>Type: Message Client
>
>Command: message openfile \\civette/4654 Project d'IMSurvey.pdf
>
>Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
>
>For now I remane the PDF file and replace the
>apostrophe by undescore, but it's manual and not
>practical. Would prefer getting the hypertext command to work...

In the Hypertext dialog box, type \" (backslash followed by a straight
quote character) instead of the apostrophe.

Shlomo Perets
MicroType, FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting

"24 easy ways to improve your PDFs with FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants",
http://www.microtype.com/ImprovePDF.html