ePublisher Pro vs. other generated online help

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Wed Sep 17 12:04:26 PDT 2008

Hi Pat,

For the most part, I agree with your rant. I got off the Webworks train
years ago because I couldn't afford to keep up with each new version and
upgrade. As a consultant, there is only so much software I can buy without
regular paying jobs to support it. Omsys, makers of MIF2Go, are very
generous with consultants, probably because we are more inclined to
recommend their product if they keep us in the loop. And their support is
unparalleled in the software world.

I think you contradicted yourself a bit when you said, "But I'd be willing
to bet that if you keep track of your hours learning mif2go versus epub, the
cost difference would be negligible." After all, you wasted an entire day
trying to get it installed, none of their support is free, documentation is
lousy, and there is no discounted upgrade path. And the cost of entry is
much higher to start with. Even with the intial setup, MIF2Go is a much
better value, in my opinion.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc
585-659-8267