Numbers appended to file name

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Mon Sep 22 08:27:02 PDT 2008

Gagne, Bernard (Bolton) wrote:
> Hi Murray,
> FrameMaker is adding the funky alphanumeric extension to your Frame file
> because it has changed substantially from the original. I suspect some
> of your graphics are not being saved. I have seen that error a lot
> lately, especially since our IT dept installed XP SP3 on our machines.

For any other Framers wishing to avoid the heartbreak of XP SP3:

http://windowssecrets.com/2008/09/11/02-Dont-let-XP-Service-Pack-3-hose-your-system

(How telling that Microsoft has had to set up a Web page specifically to
block its own software!)

Best regards,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"The great enemy of clear language is insincerity. When there is a gap
between one's real and one's declared aims, one turns as it were
instinctively to long words and exhausted idioms, like a cuttlefish
squirting out ink."

— George Orwell