FrameMaker vs. InDesign, round CS4

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Tue Sep 23 15:56:43 PDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 5:24 PM,  <quills at airmail.net> wrote:
> Sarah,
>
> As a final thought, I'll add this. Any tool that won't automatically
> add pages to the text flow when I come to the end of a page is an
> automatic no-go. If I have to add text boxes to the page in order to
> enter text, it's a no-go.

Here's the deal:

Smart Text Reflow is one of the "smaller" new features in ID CS4. It's
a preference you need to set, and it's got some options. It adds pages
as you type, and deletes empty ones when you delete content from them,
which isn't often a designer's need.

ID has always had auto-flow for "placed" content (like File > Import >
File in FM). It creates pages as it needs them. You'll need to read
the short passage in Help, when ID CS4 is released.

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold