ePublisher Pro vs. other generated online help

RJ Jacquez rjacquez at adobe.com
Thu Sep 18 13:09:02 PDT 2008

Hi Kelly, please see my comments below.

Sincerely,

RJ Jácquez
Senior Product Evangelist
Adobe Technical Communication Suite
Adobe eLearning Solutions
http://blogs.adobe.com/rjacquez

-----Original Message-----
From: Kelly McDaniel [mailto:kmcdaniel at pavtech.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 10:20 AM
To: RJ Jacquez
Cc: framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: RE: ePublisher Pro vs. other generated online help

RJ,

Thanks for the post.

You mentioned "live link your FrameMaker documents and books." Did you mean "import by reference", or is there a different linking method?
[RJ Jacquez] Sorry for the confusing, I used talk a lot about live links from my days with RoboHelp for FrameMaker, but what I meant was the import by reference, so you are doing this correctly.

I have attempted to IBR my FM files to RoboHTML, about 50MB total. The process takes ~30 minutes, and the Robo view of the files is "raw."
[RJ Jacquez] What do you mean by "raw"?  That is, each cross-ref is appended with the FM file name as a prefix. This requires major handwork ex post facto.
[RJ Jacquez] This is interesting.  Do you know we have a cross-reference mapping feature, similar to mapping Paragraph and Character styles?  If not, I created a quick Captivate recording showing where this feature is and here's the link for you to watch:
http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/fmxrefs2rh/

If there is a method to "live link", which implies true roundtripping, please elucidate...best regards, Kelly / PavTech/Rockwell
[RJ Jacquez] Hopefully this will help you resolve the Xrefs issues and if you have some more problems, I'm planning on participating on this forum more actively, so please ask away.