How to prevent Framemaker changing the Link

Baruch Brodersen baruch at technitext.com
Wed Sep 24 08:51:51 PDT 2008

Michael,

Instead of using message openfile, try message URL.

message URL W:/Schadstoffliteratur/Dioxine/Attempt to establish benchmarks for Dioxins.pdf

You may need to add %20 html syntax for spaces in file names, but I'm not sure. If so, your marker would look like this:

message URL W:/Schadstoffliteratur/Dioxine/Attempt%20to%20establish%20benchmarks%20for%20Dioxins.pdf

If you are truly going to make hundreds of these markers, you might consider getting TimeSavers and use either the ~FileLink, ~PdfLink, or ~httpLink shortcuts.

Baruch Brodersen