Space!........ABOVE & BELOW!!

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Wed Sep 24 12:10:34 PDT 2008

Hi, Darren:

It's a good idea to avoid surprises caused by the addition of space
below/above consecutive paragraphs.

I'm not sure if you know that FrameMaker is nearly unique* in its
method of inter-paragraph space settings. It's about "size matters."
FrameMaker honors the larger of space below and space above to set the
space between them. Almost all other text-creation tools combine the
spaces. The additive method requires more thought about designing for
many possible combinations of consecutive paragraph formats.

*I believe that Ventura Publisher offers the option to work either
larger one wins, or additive.

Regards,

Peter
Peter Gold