Can FM6 and FM8 coexist on the same computer?

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Thu Sep 25 10:35:14 PDT 2008

Hi Richard,

> Can I install FM8 on this computer, having both FM6 and FM8 coexist?

Yes.

> Are there any issues that I should be aware of?

The last one that you install will launch when you double-click on a .fm or
.book file in Explorer, unless FrameMaker is already running. If FrameMaker
is already running, it will attempt to open the file you double-clicked on.
If FM 6 is running and you double-click on an FM 8 file, FM 6 will try
unsuccessfully to open it.

Otherwise, it all works fine. I have Frame 5.5.6, 6, 7, 7.2, 8, etc. all
installed on one computer.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc
585-659-8267