Making PDFs Find other PDFs Within a Web Environment

Eduardo F. Cidade, Sr. ecidade at zoominternet.net
Fri Sep 26 19:35:34 PDT 2008

Good evening fellow Framers and Acrobats:

The setup:
FrameMaker 7.2
Acrobat 8
Timesavers

But I don't believe the above has anything to do with the problems I'm
experiencing

Some very strange behavior displayed by PDFs.

Scenario:

.in a Web Browser:

Chapter 2 (SOM02.pdf) is opened by hypertext link within a web browser.
The PDF containing Chapter 2 opens correctly and is displayed with full vim
and vigor.
In FrameMaker, a cross-reference was created to Chapter 7 (SOM07),
specifically to Section 7.2, on page 3
Yet, when the link for Section 7.2 is clicked, the corresponding Chapter 7
PDF opens  but instead of going to Section 7.2, it launches to the first
page of Chapter 7.

.now in an Acrobat Environment

The same Chapter 2 is opened and displayed.
When the link for Section 7.2 is clicked, it navigates correctly to Section
7.2 contained on page 3!

I've searched and searched and searched but cannot find anything relating to
this type of behavior.

Has anyone else experienced this and can you tell me your workaround???

Thank you.
Eduardo F. Cidade, Sr.
Technical Writer
CWO3, U. S. Coast Guard (Retired)

We few.  We happy few.  We band of brothers.
          Shakespeare, Henry V