Migrating features over to InDesign

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Mon Sep 29 11:03:11 PDT 2008

To be very specific about this (and to hopefully avoid the seemingly
annual "FrameMaker is dead" ritual), there are absolutely NO plans within
Adobe at this time to discontinue FrameMaker in favor of InDesign. The
features added to InDesign that are "Framemaker-like" are specifically
per the request of InDesign users and have not been intended as a means
of inducing FrameMaker users to migrate although that may be the unintended
effect in some cases.

In fact, the next major release of FrameMaker is currently under active
development with thoughts as to what would go into subsequent releases.

        - Dov