Creating cross book links that work in a PDF file

Jerilynne Knight jerilynne.knight at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 10:01:15 PDT 2009

OK, I'm apparently having a total brain breakdown and need some help!

I'm working with a client who has a large set of FrameMaker (7.x version)
files in two separate books. One is the database documentation set and the
other is the end user (GUI) documentation.

The end user documentation has many, many, many cross references to the
database document (to pick up field names, descriptions, values, and that
kind of thing).

The links are working properly in FrameMaker...when you click the link in
the GUI documentation it opens to the right location in the database
documentation.

However, when we create the PDF files, the links are "hot" and can't find
the file with the source information. I could swear I've done this before
and am going totally blank on how to get this to work correctly!

Anybody out there who can clear the fog?

Thanks oodles and bunches and lots.

Blessings
Jerilynne