Strange FM8 character substitution

Hedley Finger hfinger at handholding.com.au
Sun Apr 5 22:35:40 PDT 2009

Sporadically, any phrase enclosed in ‘single quotes’ becomes ‚Äôsingle
quotes’ in my FrameMaker 8.0p277 files (Windows XP SP3). The en rule
becomes – and other similar character substitutions also occur. I am
drafting chapters in Enhance for FrameMaker as it approximates Word's
Normal pages for scrolling through unpaged text, but Enhance has worked
well in many other projects without this phenomenon occurring.

Any idea what is causing this and how to fix it?

Regards,
Hedley

--

Hedley Finger

28 Regent Street   Camberwell VIC 3124   Australia
Tel: +61 3 9809 1229   Fax: (call phone first)
Mobile (cell): +61 412 461 558   Skype: hedley.finger
Email. "Hedley Finger" <hfinger at handholding.com.au>