FREE SDL AuthorAssistant software for Adobe FrameMaker 9 users and Webinar

RJ Jacquez rjacquez at adobe.com
Tue Apr 7 17:35:27 PDT 2009

*** I work for Adobe Systems on the FrameMaker team ***
Over the last year, we have been working with the great folks at SDL, the world leader in Global Information Management<http://www.sdl.com>, on a partnership where our Adobe FrameMaker 9 customers would get SDL's AuthorAssistant client absolutely free, making this yet another reason for exiting users to migrate to the latest version of FrameMaker<http://www.adobe.com/framemaker/>, and for new users to join the Adobe family.
SDL AuthorAssistant for Adobe FrameMaker 9
SDL AuthorAssistant enables consistency of terminology, style and linguistic best practices, as well as ensuring the reuse of previously written and translated content.

 *   SDL AuthorAssistant empowers technical authors to improve the quality of their content, ensure adherence to style guide rules and maintain consistency of terminology
 *   Out-of-the-box, SDL AuthorAssistant automates many of the quality-checking processes that normally require human resources, resulting in greater productivity, higher quality and lower costs
 *   SDL AuthorAssistant checks against previously translated content, so that companies with global audiences can improve content reuse and reduce the downstream costs of localizing content
 *   SDL AuthorAssistant is the client software component of SDL Global Authoring Management System (SDL Global AMS) and is fully functional for desktop deployment
Webinar: Bring your Style Guide to Life and Create High-Quality Content from within Adobe FrameMaker
On April 15th, 2009, at 8:00am Pacific Time, SDL and Adobe will be hosting a live Webinar where we will be demonstrating the AuthorAssistant for Adobe FrameMaker 9 functionality and we hope to see you there. Click here to register for this Webinar<http://www.sdl.com/en/events/2009-04-15-bring-your-style-guide-to-life.asp>.
Download SDL AuthorAssistant for Adobe FrameMaker 9
Both SDL and Adobe have created the following download pages for our customers:

 *   Click here to visit the SDL download page<http://www.sdl.com/en/sites/adobesdl/>
 *   Click here to visit the Adobe download page<http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4357>
Hope to see you there!
Sincerely,