URGENT_Images and DPI

Susan Curtzwiler SusanCu at vmc.com
Thu Apr 9 08:06:28 PDT 2009

Hi All,

Software:  FrameMaker 7.0  on Vista Enterprise.  SnagIt 9 in .PNG format - required by management.
Audience:  Technicians in a data center - they will be using a standard laptop.  This is for a runbook, mostly will be viewed on screen, limited printed copies in black only.

I need some really quick help with how to best use the DPI settings to import screen captures by reference.

I have some wide screen captures that will not fit into the anchored frame and retain clarity.

If I use the 96 DPI, I can get the area being emphasized, but not enough surrounding area to have landmarks for the user.

The larger screen captures, about 4x6, are even more difficult.  If I use the 150 DPI, it goes in the anchored frame, but again the text quality is not very good.

Any input will be great.   I will be working with the FM scaling tool and see if I can get satisfactory results.

Thanks,
Sue Curtzwiler