Thanks: Review Process for documents in HTML?

Beierle, Cecily cbeierle at tcfbank.com
Thu Apr 9 12:18:52 PDT 2009

Thanks to Art Campbell and Richard Combs for your thoughtful replies and
suggestions.

We do have WebWorks make most of the HTML changes, such as font, color,
borders. We never did you page numbers in our cross-references, so we haven't
had a problem with that.

The "no output" setting is a good idea. I'll bring that up to our writing
team, to see if it could be useful, and we'll take a look at using condition
text for print-specific information.

As I mentioned in a follow-up, one idea we have tried is to set up the HTML
project for the updated topics (or the entire manual) and provide both the
comment-enabled PDF and the link to the HTML, so that the content reviewers
can see the "big picture" as well as the details in the PDF (or the both the
forest and the trees). It's a learning experience for everyone.

Cecily Beierle

Technical Writer

IT Customer Care

TCF National Bank

Minneapolis, Minnesota

cbeierle at tcfbank.com <mailto:cbeierle at tcfbank.com>

____________________________

Email Disclaimer

Information contained in this e-mail transmission is the property of TCF and
is intended for the named recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient,
do not read, distribute, or reproduce this transmission.  If you have
received this e-mail transmission in error, please contact the sender.

Disclaimer Regarding Uniform Electronic Transmissions Act (UETA) and Federal
E-Sign (E-SIGN) Law:  This communication is for discussion purposes only, and
it does not create a contract or legally binding agreement.  The UETA and
E-SIGN do not apply to this communication.  We only contract with manually
affixed original signatures on the original paper contracts.