Any up to date comparisons of Word and Frame

Jon Harvey JHarvey at cambridgesoft.com
Thu Apr 9 13:55:34 PDT 2009

I don't use the latest version of Word but Word 2003 had a pretty good,
and reliable autonumbering method. Unfortunately, you had to know how to
fumble through the poorly designed interface and even more poorly
documented method for setting it up. I used it to successfully create a
numbering scheme that was six levels deep (X.X.X.X.X.X) with figures and
tables in a guide that was more than 150 pages. I was also able to
revise the guide and the numbering would automatically update for me.

I'll be the first on this list to say that Microsoft's approach to
autonumbering is absolutely screwy; but, at least it did work in Word
2003.

Jon Harvey
Manager, Desktop Documentation
CambridgeSoft Corporation