2 questions about structured FM and RH

Diane Gaskill dgcaller at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 9 17:53:51 PDT 2009

Hi Framers,

We are single-sourcing with TCS 1.0, using Structured FrameMaker 8, RoboHelp 7, and DocBook 1.4.2. The writers need to be able to designate related topic links for a topic. They also need to designate expanding text in the FM files so that it appears correctly when it is output through RoboHelp to a help system.

Since we are single sourcing, we don't want to set up these functions in RH, but we are having problems getting them to work in FM.  So, I have a couple of questions.

   Is there way to set up expanding text in FM so that it appears correctly as DHTML expanding text in RoboHelp?

   Is there a SFM mechanism for designating a list of related topics so that they appear correctly in RoboHelp?

Thanks,
Diane Gaskill
Hitachi Data Systems