searching for article in front of a variable

beverly_robinson at datacard.com beverly_robinson at datacard.com
Fri Apr 10 07:27:27 PDT 2009

Today's Framer's Digest had this message:

Message: 18
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 13:33:47 -0400
From: "Laurie Little" <llittle at words-tw.com>
Subject: searching for article in front of a variable
To: <framers at lists.frameusers.com>

Frame 7.2
I have a variable (government ministry of health shortform) that affects
the
article in front of it. Each province has a different shortform. When I
change the variable, the article may be affected.

For example, in the Ontario doc, it's "an MOH bill", while in New
Brunswick,
it should be "a DHW bill".

Is there any way to search for "a <var name>" or "an <var name>", or do I
have to just search for all instances of that variable to check the article
in front of it?

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Laurie Little
Words That Work
www.words-tw.com

I have the same situation in one of my file sets. I use two variables named
"article" (used most of the time, when the article should be lowercase) and
"Article" (used when the article starts a sentence or heading). The Frame
<var name>". My template documents define the articles correctly for the
definition of the variables and all are imported at the same time when I
change from one output to another.

Hope this helps,

Beverly Robinson

NOTICE – This message and any attachment(s) are for authorized use by the intended recipient(s) only and may contain privileged or confidential information.  Unless you are an intended recipient, you may not use, copy, retain, or disclose to anyone any information contained in this message and any attachment(s).  If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please immediately contact the sender and delete this message and any attachment(s).