searching for article in front of a variable

beverly_robinson at datacard.com beverly_robinson at datacard.com
Fri Apr 10 11:52:34 PDT 2009

Thank you, Richard, for your kind words. But now I must confess: it was a
programmer I work with who suggested the solution.

Beverly

             "Combs, Richard"
             <richard.combs at Po
             lycom.com>                                                 To
                                       <beverly_robinson at datacard.com>,
             04/10/2009 12:11          <framers at lists.frameusers.com>
                                       <llittle at words-tw.com>
                                                                    Fax to

                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: searching for article in front
                                       of a variable

beverly_robinson at datacard.com wrote:

> I have the same situation in one of my file sets. I use two variables
named
> "article" (used most of the time, when the article should be
lowercase) and
> "Article" (used when the article starts a sentence or heading). The
Frame
"an
> <var name>". My template documents define the articles correctly for
the
> definition of the variables and all are imported at the same time when
> change from one output to another.

Excellent! IMHO, this is clearly the best solution. Thank you for
sharing.

Richard

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom
303-223-5111
------
rgcombs AT gmailDOTcom
303-777-0436
------

NOTICE – This message and any attachment(s) are for authorized use by the intended recipient(s) only and may contain privileged or confidential information.  Unless you are an intended recipient, you may not use, copy, retain, or disclose to anyone any information contained in this message and any attachment(s).  If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please immediately contact the sender and delete this message and any attachment(s).