FM9 Buggy UI Behavior

Syed.Hosain at aeris.net Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Mon Apr 13 17:57:09 PDT 2009

I use a similar, albeit older, laptop - it is a Dell 820 with a nVidia
Quadro 120 graphics card and an external Dell 24" LCD (at 1920 x 1200)
and do not remember seeing these screen artifacts when I trialed FM 9.
Since my trial license has expired, I cannot test again ... L

One other thought perhaps: I do have 2GB of memory ... how much does
your laptop have? Since these graphics cards only have 256MB on board,
they have to use some system memory when displaying full-screen stuff
and if you do not have enough memory in your laptop, this may be
swapping to the disk and creating the artifacts you see. This is a SWAG
though!

Otherwise, I am at a loss to explain the problems ... sorry!