Weird autonumbering problem with Framemaker

quills at airmail.net quills at airmail.net
Mon Apr 13 20:08:13 PDT 2009

I would note, that while the series letter is very important, and will
regularize the numbering stream, it seems likely that Eva is using a
single stream in order to restart the numbering sequence at the start of
each section/chapter without using a separate start style. If that is
indeed the case, she should still use a single series identifier, but
use it in all instances of numbering. Doing so will ensure that there
aren't any radical burbs in numbering. I remember doing similar, though
with a much simpler sequence stream. If the series ID is left off, then
the behavior she mentions would occur.

Scott