FM9 Buggy UI Behavior

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Tue Apr 14 05:45:34 PDT 2009

Joseph,

You wrote:

>I have started testing FM 9 p230.  Over all, I like the new UI design.
>However, I have noticed one issue right off the bat.  When I
>rearrange/minimize windows, drag tabs and pods around, or change work
>spaces, the UI starts behaving oddly for a couple seconds in the following
>ways.
>
>-Menus will start shaking and shifting around
>-UI elements bleed into one another
>-the selection for user defined work spaces disappears from the work space
>menu
>
>Has anyone else experienced problems like this??

Yes. Whenever I switch between workspaces, toolbars flicker for 2-3 seconds
(less noticeable flickering occurs in other cases).

I see this in both standalone FM9 and FM9-TCS2, on two different computers.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat TimeSavers/Assistants
Template Design, Single Sourcing, FM-to-PDF & Acrobat courses